Food is the primary source that gives us energy. We can’t live without it. But in this fast world, we are so busy with our jobs that we get no time to cook food at home.
Most of the time, whenever we can’t find time to cook at home, we order take out. The case actually becomes worse for busy moms. Their situation will be really hectic and troublesome.
But, you know, there are several dishes that we can easily make. And among these recipes is the instant pot wild rice soup recipe. Actually, the best part of this is that it will give you a lot more nutrients and be effortless to cook.
Of course, it will take around 50 minutes to prepare the soup fully, but it will be elementary.
Main reasons to make instant pot wild rice and mushroom soup
I can’t give you any particular reason for cooking this soup, but I want to share what I feel: it is one of the easiest and quickest recipes you can ever make.
Although it takes time to cook, you can just set the soup in the pot and concentrate on other important things while it is cooking.
It is healthy and tasty, so you can prepare it and have it anytime, including on special occasions, like evening parties, dates, etc. If you want to impress others with your cooking style, it is an excellent option.
Okay, let’s dive into the steps to prepare this warming and mouth-watering instant pot wild rice mushroom soup.
Benefits of the basic ingredients
I imagine most of you will know pretty well about the extraordinary benefits of wild rice. However, I would like to tell you some crucial things about it. For instance, it acts as a fantastic anti-oxidant and detoxifies your body to a great level.
Its high level of nutrients and vitamins boost your metabolism. More essentially, it fills your belly and gives you energy as well. So, you can feel warmed up and active whenever you consume wild rice, including in wild rice instant pot soup.
You can buy wild rice at supermarkets. It most likely won’t be available in some stores, and you should have to look for it with wide eyes in order not to miss it. And if you can’t find it anywhere, you could order online.
They contain a surplus amount of vitamin A, and when you eat carrots on your daily diet, you can get rid of eye problems, for sure.
However, don’t eat too many of them, just one per day.
You will get resistant starch, vitamin C, potassium, and so on when you consume potatoes. More importantly, it works as an anti-oxidant agent.
I guess patients with diabetes will not have potatoes on their diet list, yet there is nothing wrong with eating a small amount. Have some, and go for a brisk walk afterward.
Being rich in several vitamins, minerals, and proteins, peas provides you with tons of benefits. Also, they contain anti-oxidant elements.
Mushrooms are filled with a bazillion of nutrients, including proteins, vitamin B, selenium (an anti-oxidant element), and potassium.
Moreover, it helps to prevent cell and tissue damages, and it can be used as an excellent alternative for non-veg if you want to avoid that.
Since it is packed with a high source of anti-oxidants, it cures inflammatory diseases. Mainly, it helps ease your digestion, too.
Types of wild rice soup instant pot recipes you can make
Actually, the types of soup depend on our wishes, I believe. But you must know about some of the yummy varieties to ease your works and save your tongue. So, check out the combinations you can prepare.
You can make Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup with dried beans (with or without mushroom), or you can go with shredded chicken. Finally, if you want, you can prepare the soup with ham, too.
How to make this dish in a crockpot
Suppose you don’t have an Instant Pot at home; no worries at all. You can cook this dish in a crockpot, a regular pressure cooker, or any other big pot. Follow the same instructions. The timings might vary slightly, but you can really have a nice and delicious soup.
Vegan Creamy Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup carrot cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup potato diced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1/2 cup shallot sliced
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 bay leaf
For Roux Or Thicker
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Take a bowl, put in all the vegetables (carrots, potatoes, peas, mushrooms, and some onion slices), and add poultry seasoning, salt (as much as you like), black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix them well, and let them marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the Instant pot for 5 minutes.
- Select “Sauté” mode, and pour the cooking oil.
- Add the bay leaves, sliced onions, shallots, garlic, and thyme. Sauté them until they turn into a light brown color.
- Once they are fried, add the washed wild rice, marinated vegetables, vegetable broth, salt, and water.
- Cook them at high pressure for 45 minutes.
- While it is cooking, prepare the roux.
- Whisk 2 tsp of corn starch with 1 cup of coconut milk.
- After making sure that the pressure is fully released, open the lid, and stir the soup (if you feel like it is not cooked well, you can boil it some more, like 5-10 minutes).
- Enjoy the aroma, and stir the thickener in. Allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally, garnish the soup with some fresh or dried parsley.
- If you want the soup to be more creamy, blend 3 – 5 soaked cashews, mix nicely with the soup, and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- If you don’t have corn starch handy, you can sub that with all-purpose flour or chickpea powder. It will be tasty too, but there will be a slight difference in the taste.
- If you don’t wish to have overcooked vegetables, you can cook the wild rice for 30 minutes at high pressure, first (after sautéing the things mentioned above) in the ratio; 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water, 1 cup of vegetable broth and one teaspoon of salt (don’t worry about the marinating process; you could leave it for 30 minutes too). Once the rice is semi-cooked, add the other ingredients, and set it on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- If you want to make the soup spicy, sprinkle some powdered black pepper at the end. This soup is mostly tasted with crusty bread. So, don’t forget the bread.
Please provide your comments below in the comment section if you’d like to make this soup preparation.
Do you think of following us on Pinterest? Check out the latest pins here.